Job Title: Field Service Technician – Entry Level and Experienced Positions Available
Home Office Location: Waco, Texas
Service Coverage: Available for nation-wide travel is REQUIRED
Hours: Full Time – with ability to travel
Himes Service Company provides service on baling and recycling equipment nationwide. We are a rapidly growing company that is seeking hard-working, energetic individuals that are self-motivated, available for nation-wide travel, independent and have a dedication to quality, value, service, and customer satisfaction. We offer excellent compensation and a many benefits, including medical insurance (dental and eye care), vacation pay, holiday pay, and overtime. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and comply with the “Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988”.
Provide installation, repairs, maintenance and support on equipment in the recycling and industrial industries. An HSC Service Technician completes work orders in a timely manner, ensures availability and functioning of tools, equipment, and required items and maintains a safe and efficient work environment at all times.
- Perform all tasks required to complete equipment repair, rebuild, refurbish, installation and emergency service, including fabrication of items as necessary.
- Performs tasks listed above at customer’s facility and at HSC’s shop.
- Main tasks include mechanical troubleshooting, electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting, but also include structural repairs, light welding, grinding, equipment prepping and finishing, general labor duties, and any other duties as assigned.
- Request, acquire, and transport tools, equipment, parts and supplies to maintain inventory and to ensure the availability of items needed for job.
- Maintain shop, equipment, tools, vehicle, etc. in order to ensure the availability and functioning of items needed for job and for continued safety.
- Coordinate with administration to complete projects/work orders efficiently.
- Valid Driver’s License & Evidence of Insurability
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Good communication skills and ability to prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Possess necessary skills to operate, troubleshoot, install, and repair mechanical, electrical and hydraulic equipment, as well as tools such as band saws, grinders, break, shear, drill press, chop saw, etc., and ability to read electrical and hydraulic schematics. Entry level AND experienced skilled positions available.
- Light welding skills and knowledge of methods, techniques, materials, tools used in metal fabrication, stick and mig welding, maintenance, and repair; and safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to work weekends, travel, and overtime as needed.
- Must be physically capable of significant lifting (50-75 lbs), carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; significant fine finger dexterity, and perform in a 75% outdoors/25% indoors work environment.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently in a competitive work environment.
Entry Level Positions Available for Individuals Willing To Learn
And Interested In Moving Up In A Company.